About Dana Freeman
Let’s skip the formalities. If you want to read my entire resume you can see it here. If you are interested in my freelance writing, you can check out my portfolio here.
Otherwise, here are 20 things you might like to know about me.
- I always touch the outside of the plane when I board. It’s my only superstition.
- I am a Breast Cancer survivor. It changed my life for the better.
- I sailed out of Venice with my grandmother on her 96th Birthday on a Windstar cruise. She is the reason I travel and love to cruise on small ships.
- I asked my stepmom to adopt me when I was 25.
- I only read paper books.
- I recently found out that I’m related to Ilan Ramon, the astronaut that was on the ill-fated Columbia space shuttle. I love Ancestry.com.
- I was born in New York City, made a short pitstop in Austin, Texas, and have now lived in Vermont for over 20 years.
- My favorite color is orange
- I’ve seen U2 more than 35 times in seven countries. I will sleep on the pavement to make sure I’m on the rail for the concert.
- I have three tattoos, all U2 related. My favorite is the one Bono drew on my arm.
- My major in college was international relations with a minor in French. I wanted to be an FBI agent or in the CIA. That didn’t work out so well.
- In college, I disliked writing and now I am a travel writer.
- My favorite food is Mexican and I recently discovered I actually do like Tequila.
- I’ve never been on a safari.
- I worked in Switzerland one summer during college.
- My first job was working at Burger King during the early 80s. I made $3.35/hr.
- I love horseback riding.
- I hate running but I have run two 5Ks.
- Give me a Miller Lite over a craft beer any day, but please don’t serve me cheap wine or liquor.
- Etiquette and table manners are both important to me. Pass the salt and pepper together, please.